Monday, September 18, 2023

Get Yoked

For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:30 NASB
- Christ's yoke is easy but the yoke of the oppressor (eg. Pharaoh, the Babylonians) meant that you were toiling in fields that are not your own


Do not be yoked together with those who do not believe. For what partnership is there between righteousness and lawlessness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness?
2 Corinthians 6:14 CSB
- the common understanding of this has to do with marriage, but we must widen our understanding of partnering with non-believers when we are trying to find our destiny.

Yes, I ask also you, true yokefellow, help them, who struggled along with me in the gospel with both Clement and the rest of my fellow workers whose names are in the book of life.
Philippians 4:3 LEB
- Paul refers to a yokefellow, a term of encouragement, an strong ox of faith, (in Greek Syntychus)

No comments:

Post a Comment